Do you enjoy being the face and voice of a business for their biggest clients, their go-to expert for help and advice? If so, you could be the person we are looking for to make sure our customers get the best logistics and supply chain service for their needs.
This newly created role in our growing sales and account management team is a great opportunity to build a bright future for both our customers and your career and is a chance to be a key player in our clients’ logistics processes.
Although you will need some experience in a sales environment, what’s most important to us is to find someone who is motivated by problem solving, has strong interpersonal skills, and a great communication style. Above all, you’ll need to be passionate about driving innovation in our clients’ supply chains!
In this role you will need to enjoy constant interaction with clients, building relationships and championing their logistics needs. The main responsibilities include:
- Managing a portfolio of existing accounts to ensure full client satisfaction
- Proactively discovering and nurturing new opportunities to grow client relationships.
- Regular liaison with internal sales and operations representatives.
- Communicating rate updates and market insight.
- Problem solving.
- Closing business opportunities either by tele-sales or face to face meetings.
- Managing your own time to ensure that it is spent efficiently and effectively to ensure that sales are achieved in a timely manner.
- Maintaining up to date customer records within Cargo Wise.
- Freight quotations and follow ups.
- All duties to be undertaken with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
Essential skills needed for this role include:
- Positive ‘can do’ approach and a proactive mentality towards planning, highlighting, and resolving potential issues.
- Experience of working in a sales environment.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- To be able to prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment.
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) desirable.
- Excellent understanding of excel with the ability to create and maintain reporting.
- Knowledge of Cargo Wise.
Role: Account Manager
Reporting to: UK Head of Account Management
Working hours: Full time (Start and finish times negotiable)
Deadline for applications: 27th October 2021
- Competitive salary
- Commission scheme
- Flexible and family friendly working policies
- 8% Pension contributions
- Life assurance 4x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Health cashback plan
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employee assistance programme
- Discount at over 250 retailers
- Membership of the Matthew Good Foundation
- Modern offices and Facilities
- Employee referral scheme with cash reward of £350
- Priority lane for internal recruitment – be the first to hear and apply about new roles
About the Company
Good Logistics is an award-winning freight forwarder and logistics provider, providing shipping solutions to small medium and large growing companies. Established for many generations and steeped in maritime history, the key to our success is not just our industry knowledge but our highly skilled and experienced people, who are dedicated to providing a first-class service to our customers.
With offices strategically positioned at major ports throughout the UK, as well as internationally in the USA and Turkey, the business boasts a diverse team of over 250 employees and a forecast turnover of £128 million in 2021.
Career progression and development of our people is key to our continuous growth and success. At Good Logistics, we ensure our employees have access to development opportunities through our structured learning and development agenda, and ensure skill sets and career aspirations continually evolve, along with a focused people strategy that supports employee engagement.
Our recruitment process
All candidates that are short listed for an opportunity at Good Logistics will be invited to complete an employee profiling process in the first instance prior to being invited for an interview in person with local office management.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please fill in the form below to apply online. You are also welcome to contact us at any time to discuss further details of the role or the business, please feel free to contact a member of the HR team on email@example.com or explore more at www.goodlogisticsgroup.com/working-for-us
Explore our employee community
What we offer
Find out more about our comprehensive pay and benefits package
Careers at Good Logistics
Find out more about how we can help you advance your career
Discover the opportunity for you on one of our growing teams