Do you like the idea of playing a pivotal role in keeping Britain’s largest container port moving? If so, you could be the person we are looking for to help keep some of our most important clients’ operations moving through the port.
This role in our growing warehouse division – within a team of 5 CFSP operatives – is a great opportunity to build a bright future for both our customers and your career, and is a chance to be a key player in operations at the port.
Although customs and CFSP clearances experience is preferred for this role, what’s most important to us is to find someone who has strong organisational skills and great attention to detail. Above all, you’ll need to be passionate about keeping our clients’ supply chains moving!
In this role you will need to enjoy being responsible for getting the important details right and keeping things running smoothly as priorities change in our busy 24hr warehouse, whilst also maintaining great relationships with clients. The main responsibilities include:
- Processing inbound and outbound orders / deliveries.
- Load planning shipments for delivery to clients.
- Preparing import and warehouse removal declarations.
- Updating IT systems to ensure accurate stock control.
- Being a key point of contact for clients, representing the company in a positive, professional manner.
- Maintaining a neat and tidy work area.
- Ensuring all health and safety regulations within the company are adhered to.
- Undertaking all duties with reference to BRC & Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
Essential skills needed for this role include:
- Experience in dealing with shipping lines and transportation teams.
- Great attention to detail.
- Diligent and punctual.
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- A friendly, positive, hardworking approach to work.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility to work overtime if required.
- Read and write in English.
- Educated to at least GCSE level maths and English or equivalent
Preferred skills for this role include:
- Experience of HMRC processes, including CFSP Clearances.
Reporting to: Warehouse and Distribution Manager
Working hours: Full time (Start and finish times negotiable)
• Competitive salary
• Annual bonus scheme
• Flexible and family friendly working policies
• 8% Pension contributions
• Life assurance 4x salary
• 25 days holiday
• Health cashback plan
• Discounted gym memberships
• Employee assistance programme
• Discount at over 250 retailers
• Membership of the Matthew Good Foundation
• Employee referral scheme with cash reward of £350
• Priority lane for internal recruitment – be the first to hear and apply about new roles
About the Company
Good Logistics is an award-winning freight forwarder and logistics provider, providing shipping solutions to small medium and large growing companies. Established for many generations and steeped in maritime history, the key to our success is not just our industry knowledge but our highly skilled and experienced people, who are dedicated to providing a first-class service to our customers.
With offices strategically positioned at major ports throughout the UK, as well as internationally in the USA and Turkey, the business boasts a diverse team of over 250 employees and a forecast turnover of £128 million in 2021.
Career progression and development of our people is key to our continuous growth and success. At Good Logistics, we ensure our employees have access to development opportunities through our structured learning and development agenda, and ensure skill sets and career aspirations continually evolve, along with a focused people strategy that supports employee engagement.
Our recruitment process
All candidates that are short listed for an opportunity at Good Logistics will be invited to complete an employee profiling process in the first instance prior to being invited for an interview in person with local office management.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please fill in the form below to apply online. You are also welcome to contact us at any time to discuss further details of the role or the business, please feel free to contact a member of the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org or explore more at www.goodlogisticsgroup.com/working-for-us
Explore our employee community
What we offer
Find out more about our comprehensive pay and benefits package
Careers at Good Logistics
Find out more about how we can help you advance your career
Discover the opportunity for you on one of our growing teams