The role sits within the company accountant team for Good Logistics and works alongside a larger finance function of 11 people overall.
- Management Accounts
- Prepare monthly and annual management accounts with supporting analyses and commentaries, to include but not limited to Balance Sheet reconciliations, Cost analysis, Income analysis and inter-company reporting.
- Annual Financial Accounts
- Prepare the draft annual financial accounts and supporting schedules. Liaise and assist where necessary with the external auditors.
- Prepare and issue inter-company and management recharges, in accordance with company policies and instructions.
- Prepare and submit VAT, EC Sales List and ONS returns.
- Assist in the reporting and management of working capital.
- Assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and budgeting.
- Contribute to continuous improvement to financial processes, including IT systems.
- Any other reasonable duties commensurate with the level of this position
All duties to be undertaken with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
>2 years management accounts experience
Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
You will report directly into the Logistics Financial Controller and be part of a team of three Company Accountants providing high quality and comprehensive accounting services.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible and family friendly working policies
- Up to 8% Pension contributions
- Life assurance 4x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Health cashback plan
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employee assistance programme
- Discount at over 250 retailers
- Membership of the Matthew Good Foundation
- Employee referral scheme with cash reward of £350
- Priority lane for internal recruitment – be the first to hear and apply about new roles
About the Company
Good Logistics is an award-winning freight forwarder and logistics provider, providing shipping and logistics solutions to small medium and large growing companies. Established for many generations and steeped in maritime history, the key to our success is not just our industry knowledge but our highly skilled and experienced people, who are dedicated to providing a first-class service to our customers.
With offices strategically positioned at major ports throughout the UK, as well as internationally in the USA and Turkey, the business boasts a diverse team of over 270 employees and a forecast turnover of £128 million in 2021.
Career progression and development of our people is key to our continuous growth and success. At Good Logistics, we ensure our employees have access to development opportunities through our structured learning and development agenda, and ensure skill sets and career aspirations continually evolve, along with a focused people strategy that supports employee engagement.
Our recruitment process
All candidates that are short listed for an opportunity at Good Logistics will be invited to complete an employee profiling process in the first instance prior to being invited for an interview in person with local office management.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please fill the form in below to apply online. You are also welcome to contact us at any time to discuss further details of the role or the business, please feel free to contact Emma Chapman on email@example.com or explore more at www.goodogisticsgroup.com/careers
Explore our employee community
What we offer
Find out more about our comprehensive pay and benefits package
Careers at Good Logistics
Find out more about how we can help you advance your career
Discover the opportunity for you on one of our growing teams