Do you have the problem-solving and interpersonal skills needed to help us maximise our business cash flow and minimise credit risks, whilst also maintaining great relationships with our clients? If so, you could be the person we are looking for to help keep our customer accounts running smoothly.
This role in our team of credit controllers is a great opportunity to build a bright future for both our business and your career and is a chance to be part of a small but high performing, professional team, supporting the trading needs and values of the wider business.
You will need experience in credit control, but what is equally important to us is to find someone who is diligent, approachable, able to collaborate with colleagues at all levels of the business and passionate about being part of our culture.
In this role you will need to enjoy daily pro-active problem solving liaising with clients and colleagues across the business. Daily tasks that are part of the role include:
- Apply and develop the business’ credit control processes to maximise customer collections within agreed terms and minimise exposure to credit risk and bad debts, including the use of:
- Statements of account
- Reminder letters
- Telephone calls
- Process new account requests, monitor and review customer credit terms periodically, with reference to payment history, trading levels and credit-ratings.
- Deal with all A/R correspondence in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify, address and escalate to management ageing, disputed or problematic customer accounts, recommending suspending or withdrawing credit account facilities, legal action etc. (as appropriate) to minimise credit risk and the impacts of bad debts.
- Liaise with A/P to manage and maintain contra arrangements, where favourable.
- Maintain and periodically review customer ‘organisation’ master data records within Cargowise.
- Support management accounts monthly/quarterly reporting and analysis of A/R information, as appropriate (i.e. review old outstanding debts, bad debt provisions and write-offs, account closures etc.) .
- Undertake all duties with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
Essential skills needed for this role include:
- 5 years credit control experience.
- A proactive problem solver
- Ability to build good relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external
- Great communication skills
- Strong numerical skills and IT literacy
Desirable skills for this role include:
- Experience of Cargowise
Reporting to: Richard Stubbs – Credit Control Manager
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible and family friendly working policies
- Up to 8% Pension contributions
- Life assurance 4x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Health cashback plan
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employee assistance programme
- Membership of the Matthew Good Foundation
- Employee referral scheme with cash reward of £350
- Priority lane for internal recruitment – be the first to hear and apply about new roles
About the Company
Good Logistics is an award-winning freight forwarder and logistics provider, providing shipping and logistics solutions to small medium and large growing companies. Established for many generations and steeped in maritime history, the key to our success is not just our industry knowledge but our highly skilled and experienced people, who are dedicated to providing a first-class service to our customers.
With offices strategically positioned at major ports throughout the UK, as well as internationally in the USA and Turkey, the business boasts a diverse team of over 270 employees and a forecast turnover of £128 million in 2021.
Career progression and development of our people is key to our continuous growth and success. At Good Logistics, we ensure our employees have access to development opportunities through our structured learning and development agenda, and ensure skill sets and career aspirations continually evolve, along with a focused people strategy that supports employee engagement.
Our recruitment process
All candidates that are short listed for an opportunity at Good Logistics will be invited to complete an employee profiling process in the first instance prior to being invited for an interview in person with local office management.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. You are also welcome to contact us at any time to discuss further details of the role, please feel free to contact a member of the HR team on the same email address.
Explore our employee community
What we offer
Find out more about our comprehensive pay and benefits package
Careers at Good Logistics
Find out more about how we can help you advance your career
Discover the opportunity for you on one of our growing teams