Customs Clearance Co-ordinator
Do you like the idea of playing a pivotal role in keeping Britain moving – particularly in a post-Brexit landscape? If so, you could be the person we are looking for to help keep some of our most important supply chains running smoothly.
This newly created role in our growing customs team is a great opportunity to build a bright future for both our customers and your career, and is a chance to be a key player in the development of the customs department.
Although you will need some experience in customs for this role, what’s most important to us is to find someone who is motivated by problem solving, has strong organisational skills, and a great communication style. Above all, you’ll need to be passionate about keeping our customers’ supply chains moving!
In this role you will need to enjoy the excitement every day being busy, with shifting priorities and the need for thinking on your feet to get the job done. The main responsibilities include:
- Completing customs entries from start to finish for imports and exports
- Dealing with various modes of transport – road and sea
- Dealing with queries quickly and efficiently
- Building good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Invoicing customers
- Raising issues of non-compliance and ensuring remedial action is completed
- Ensuring all invoicing (notably VAT and Duty invoices) is completed in a timely manner
- Undertaking all duties with reference to BRC & Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
Essential skills needed for this role include:
• Customs Clearance experience including familiarisation with customs processes, customs systems and HMRC regimes
• Ability to identify areas for continuous improvement
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Good problem-solving skills
• Great attention to detail
• Educated to at lest GCSE level maths and English or equivalent
Reporting to: EU Brokerage Team Leader
Working hours: Full time (Start and finish times negotiable)
Annual bonus scheme
Flexible and family friendly working policies
8% Pension contributions
Life assurance 4x salary
25 days holiday
Health cashback plan
Discounted gym memberships
Employee assistance programme
Discount at over 250 retailers
Membership of the Matthew Good Foundation
Modern offices and Facilities
Employee referral scheme with cash reward of £350
Priority lane for internal recruitment – be the first to hear and apply about new roles
About the Company
Good Logistics is an award-winning freight forwarder and logistics provider, providing shipping solutions to small medium and large growing companies. Established for many generations and steeped in maritime history, the key to our success is not just our industry knowledge but our highly skilled and experienced people, who are dedicated to providing a first-class service to our customers.
With offices strategically positioned at major ports throughout the UK, as well as internationally in the USA and Turkey, the business boasts a diverse team of over 250 employees and a forecast turnover of £128 million in 2021.
Career progression and development of our people is key to our continuous growth and success. At Good Logistics, we ensure our employees have access to development opportunities through our structured learning and development agenda, and ensure skill sets and career aspirations continually evolve, along with a focused people strategy that supports employee engagement.
Our recruitment process
All candidates that are short listed for an opportunity at Good Logistics will be invited to complete an employee profiling process in the first instance prior to being invited for an interview in person with local office management.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please fill in the form below to apply online. You are also welcome to contact us at any time to discuss further details of the role or the business, please feel free to contact a member of the HR team on email@example.com or explore more at www.goodlogisticsgroup.com/working-for-us
Explore our employee community
What we offer
Find out more about our comprehensive pay and benefits package
Careers at Good Logistics
Find out more about how we can help you advance your career
Discover the opportunity for you on one of our growing teams