European Deliveries Clerk
Are you self-driven and able to work under pressure with a clear focus on operational quality? If so, you could be the person we are looking for to help keep some of our most important clients’ supply chains moving.
Due to continued growth, this new position working alongside a small team to complete daily operational tasks is a great opportunity to build a bright future for both our clients and your career, and a chance to become a key player in our European logistics operations.
Whilst you will need some knowledge of the European Container Freight Industry and prior experience in Freight Forwarding would help your application, what we are really looking for is a skilled individual who can add more value to our already experienced team to continue to solve the challenges and provide alternative solutions to our valued and new clients.
In this role you will need to enjoy being responsible for responding to a busy, shifting landscape, whilst also maintaining great relationships with clients. The main responsibilities are:
- Check delivery bookings have been booked by our haulage partners prior to the day of delivery and making any issues known to the operational team.
- Monitor customs clearance ensuring all containers are cleared and landed in preparation for upcoming deliveries.
- Liaise with the customs team if containers have not been cleared.
- Check deliveries have been received on the day of delivery.
- Chase hauliers for updates regarding late runners.
- Rebook failed deliveries .
- Monitor/chase container restitutions.
- Manage and distribute emails received into our office group email account.
- Communicate efficiently with customers, providers and other offices within the group in order to maintain exemplary operational procedures.
- Ensure good negotiation and contractual conduct and commercial awareness.
- Raise client invoices for the team in a timely manner.
- Undertake all duties with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
Essential skills needed for this role include:
- Some knowledge of the European Container Freight Industry.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work proactively to ensure deliveries arrive as scheduled.
- Tenacity when chasing late runners or non-arrivals.
- Great customer service skills.
- Experience with basic customs requirements.
- Ability to work in a team but also be self-sufficient.
- Well organized and punctual
Preferred skills for this role include:
- Previous experience in a freight forwarding role.
Reporting to: European Freight Manager
Working hours: Full time (37.5hrs)
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible and family friendly working policies
- 8% Pension contributions
- Life assurance 4x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Health cashback plan
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employee assistance programme
- Discount at over 250 retailers
- Membership of the Matthew Good Foundation
- Employee referral scheme with cash reward of £350
- Priority lane for internal recruitment – be the first to hear and apply about new roles
About the Company
Good Logistics is an award-winning freight forwarder and logistics provider, providing shipping solutions to small medium and large growing companies. Established for many generations and steeped in maritime history, the key to our success is not just our industry knowledge but our highly skilled and experienced people, who are dedicated to providing a first-class service to our customers.
With offices strategically positioned at major ports throughout the UK, as well as internationally in the USA and Turkey, the business boasts a diverse team of over 250 employees and a forecast turnover of £128 million in 2021.
Career progression and development of our people is key to our continuous growth and success. At Good Logistics, we ensure our employees have access to development opportunities through our structured learning and development agenda, and ensure skill sets and career aspirations continually evolve, along with a focused people strategy that supports employee engagement.
Our recruitment process
All candidates that are short listed for an opportunity at Good Logistics will be invited to complete an employee profiling process in the first instance prior to being invited for an interview in person with local office management.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please fill the form in below to apply online. You are also welcome to contact us at any time to discuss further details of the role or the business, please feel free to contact a member of the HR team on email@example.com or explore more at www.goodogisticsgroup.com/working-for-us
Explore our employee community
What we offer
Find out more about our comprehensive pay and benefits package
Careers at Good Logistics
Find out more about how we can help you advance your career
Discover the opportunity for you on one of our growing teams