Working within the freight forwarding division of 3PL provider Good Logistics, as part of a team dealing predominantly with Import shipments to UK from across the World, predominantly Far East, India, Turkey.
- Carry out booking procedures accurately, with a ‘right first time’ attitude, to ensure customers receive a high-quality service.
- Follow up sales leads and provide competitive quotations.
- Set up and maintain clear business records and a customer client base in order that they are accessible to all members of staff.
- Carry out import customs entries.
- Understand in-house system for the purpose of invoicing and use of the Freight Rate Notice Board.
- Input shipping instructions using Inttra
- Provide high quality customer service through acting in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Flexibility to assist in out of hours and weekend work as required.
- Undertake duties other than your normal office duties from time to time.
- All duties to be undertaken with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
Essential skills needed for this role include:
- Previous experience within an Import Forwarding role, preferably including Customs experience.
- IT literacy with a good working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Adaptable to new working practices and embracing of Company Operating Systems and procedures.
- Confident communicator with good organisational skills
- Experience of Cargowise One (CW1) preferred
Role: Import Co-ordinator
Working hours: Full time (37.5 hrs)
Reporting to: Forwarding Manager
- Competitive salary
- Commission scheme
- Flexible and family friendly working policies
- 8% Pension contributions
- Life assurance 4x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Health cashback plan
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employee assistance programme
- Discount at over 250 retailers
- Membership of the Matthew Good Foundation
- Modern offices and Facilities
- Employee referral scheme with cash reward of £350
- Priority lane for internal recruitment – be the first to hear and apply about new roles
About the Company
Good Logistics is an award-winning freight forwarder and logistics provider, providing shipping solutions to small medium and large growing companies. Established for many generations and steeped in maritime history, the key to our success is not just our industry knowledge but our highly skilled and experienced people, who are dedicated to providing a first-class service to our customers.
With offices strategically positioned at major ports throughout the UK, as well as internationally in the USA and Turkey, the business boasts a diverse team of over 250 employees and a forecast turnover of £128 million in 2021.
Career progression and development of our people is key to our continuous growth and success. At Good Logistics, we ensure our employees have access to development opportunities through our structured learning and development agenda, and ensure skill sets and career aspirations continually evolve, along with a focused people strategy that supports employee engagement.
Our recruitment process
All candidates that are short listed for an opportunity at Good Logistics will be invited to complete an employee profiling process in the first instance prior to being invited for an interview in person with local office management.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please fill the form in below to apply online. You are also welcome to contact us at any time to discuss further details of the role or the business, please feel free to contact a member of the HR team on email@example.com or explore more at www.goodogisticsgroup.com/working-for-us
Explore our employee community
What we offer
Find out more about our comprehensive pay and benefits package
Careers at Good Logistics
Find out more about how we can help you advance your career
Discover the opportunity for you on one of our growing teams