Are you a confident communicator with good organisations skills, proud to be an important part of keeping global freight moving? If so, you could be the person we are looking for to help keep our clients’ supply chains running smoothly.
This role on our busy, growing forwarding team in our Plymouth office will predominantly focus on imports to the UK from across the world, including the Far East, India and Turkey. A newly created role to meet client demand, it is a great opportunity to build a bright future for both our clients and your career, and a chance to be a key player in global freight operations at a time when it’s never more needed.
Previous experience in a freight forwarding role is required, but what’s most important to us is to find someone who has strong organisational skills, great attention to detail and an ability to build rapport with both clients’ and suppliers.
In this role you will need to enjoy being responsible for responding to a busy, shifting landscape in the haulage industry, whilst also maintaining great relationships with clients. The main responsibilities include:
- Carrying out booking procedures accurately, with a ‘right first time’ attitude, to ensure customers receive a high-quality service.
- Liaising with our network of agents and sub-contractors to handle the booking of freight from start to finish.
- Following up sales leads and providing competitive quotations.
- Setting up and maintaining clear business records and a customer client base in order that they are accessible to all members of staff.
- Carrying out import / export customs entries through the use of ‘CHIEF’.
- Understanding customs procedures including the ‘New Export System (NES).
- Understanding our in-house system for the purpose of invoicing and use of the Freight Rate Notice Board.
- Providing Import & Export quotes both FCL and LCL.
- Preparing Bills of Lading.
- Providing high quality customer service through acting in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Undertaking duties other than your normal office duties from time to time.
- Undertaking all duties with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
Essential skills needed for this role include:
- Previous experience within an Import Forwarding role, preferably including Customs experience.
- IT literacy with a good working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Adaptable to new working practices and embracing of Company Operating Systems and procedures.
- Confident communicator with good organisational skills.
Preferred skills for this role include:
- Experience of Cargowise One (CW1).
Reporting to: Forwarding Team Leader & Office Manager
Working hours: Full time 37.5hrs (Start and finish times negotiable)
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible and family friendly working policies
- Up to 8% Pension contributions
- Life assurance 4x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Health cashback plan
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employee assistance programme
- Discount at over 250 retailers
- Membership of the Matthew Good Foundation
- Employee referral scheme with cash reward of £350
- Priority lane for internal recruitment – be the first to hear and apply about new roles
About the Company
Good Logistics is an award-winning freight forwarder and logistics provider, providing shipping solutions to small medium and large growing companies. Established for many generations and steeped in maritime history, the key to our success is not just our industry knowledge but our highly skilled and experienced people, who are dedicated to providing a first-class service to our customers.
With offices strategically positioned at major ports throughout the UK, as well as internationally in the USA and Turkey, the business boasts a diverse team of over 270 employees and a forecast turnover of £128 million in 2021.
Career progression and development of our people is key to our continuous growth and success. At Good Logistics, we ensure our employees have access to development opportunities through our structured learning and development agenda, and ensure skill sets and career aspirations continually evolve, along with a focused people strategy that supports employee engagement.
Our recruitment process
All candidates that are short listed for an opportunity at Good Logistics will be invited to complete an employee profiling process in the first instance prior to being invited for an interview in person with local office management.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the link below to apply online. You are also welcome to contact us at any time to discuss further details of the role or the business, please feel free to contact a member of the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org or explore more at www.goodogisticsgroup.com/careers
Explore our employee community
What we offer
Find out more about our comprehensive pay and benefits package
Careers at Good Logistics
Find out more about how we can help you advance your career
Discover the opportunity for you on one of our growing teams