Shipping between the UK and South Africa
MACS operates a twice-monthly service to South Africa from Immingham, UK calling at Antwerp, Leixoes (Portugal), Walvis Bay, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban and Richards Bay. On inducement other ports like Coega and Saldanha Bay can be served.
MACS offers the fastest transit time between Walvis Bay and Europe in both directions. Via this fast link and the Namibian freight corridors the landlocked countries of Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Southern DRC can be reached speedily
UK exporters to Mozambique, enjoy the very fast and reliable service to Maputo. This port is serviced from Durban by the MACS owned feeder vessel MV Black Rhino.
With a fixed fortnightly schedule, MACS owns its own container fleet, leasing containers as and when necessary. Containerised cargo includes everything from perishable and refrigerated goods, automotive parts and machinery to chemicals.
MACS vessels feature superior deck strengths and powerful on-board cranes, which allow for swift unloading and loading anywhere, regardless of the capabilities of the port itself. The ships are ideal for almost all types of bulk and break bulk cargo, however heavy or voluminous.
In the holds of each MACS Vessel, bulk parcels from as small as 500 mtons upwards are secured and separated by movable bulk heads.
The comprehensive service accommodates:
- All container types
- Break Bulk
- Project Cargo
- 20 Ft GP
- 40 Hc
- 40 Ft Refrigerated (Reefer)
- 20 /40 Ft Open Top
- 40 Ft Flat Rack
- 40 Ft Platform
- Alumina Silicate, – Petcoke, – Carborundum
- Ferro Manganese, – Silco Mangannese, – Ferro Chrome
- Chrome Ore, – Anthracite, – Manganese Ore
- Beach Iron, – Zircon, – Rutile
- Titanium Slag, – Pig Iron
- All grades of fertilizers, minerals and grains
- Aluminium, – Granite Blocks, – Stainless Steel Coils
- Stainless Steel plates, – Steel Plate, – Steel Coils
- Steel Sections, – Steel Angles, – Steel Pipes
- Steel Tubes, – Wire Rod in Coil, – Big Bags Rutile
- Big Bags Zircon, – Big Bags Chrome Sand, – Marble Blocks
- Crates of Machinery, – Machinery, – Earthmoving Equipment
- Power generating windmills
- Rolling stock
[Trade Guide] Importing and exporting between the UK and Norway Whether you're already importing or exporting between the UK to Norway or you're considering...
North Sea Container Line (NCL) Commences Direct Container Service from Norway to the UK John Good Logistics are pleased to announce the introduction of a new...